Search This Blog

Monday, September 29, 2014

UPDATE for Monday, September 29, 2014

(Wherein Jeter has his final game, my mortgage finally gets approved, and I end up in the hospital...) 

Well folks, I was hoping my first absence of the year would be due to closing on a house, BUT the universe had other plans for me, which included a trip to the ER this weekend!

I'm fine, but have a  concussion and need to spend another day resting. I'm hoping to be back on Tuesday, but in the mean time, please continue to work on already assigned projects.

ENGLISH 12 STUDENTS: you have your first FINAL COLLEGE ESSAY DUE FRIDAY! ALSO, MANY of you STILL have not responded to LAST WEEK's Read & Respond articles!!! You are LOSING MAJOR POINTS by not completing these assignments! I just published more comments this morning, and will check in later this afternoon to see if anyone else has decided to complete them. Late is better than not-at-all in the case of Weekly R & R!!! I posted the new Week 4 R & R links this morning. I have NO IDEA how football players sustain concussions and then go right back out on the field to play... I can barely stand to look at this computer screen!!!

CREATIVE WRITING STUDENTS: Continue working on your portfolio pieces. We will have at least another 3-5 new pieces due by Friday!

PUBLIC SPEAKING STUDENTS: Complete the packet for your personal speech prewriting and then begin drafting your own personal narrative speech. Start with a free-write of ideas, and then craft an outline of your intended speech.

Have a good Monday, folks. I'm hoping to see you again on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment